Friday 14 August 2020

This is 2020

What a year!


The inspiration for this card came from a conversation with the lovely Darnell: we were talking about how strange those images with no mouths and noses can look, and I mentioned that they didn't look as out of place now we were used to seeing people wearing masks.... Well, this was the logical next step!

First of all I used an online word cloud generator to produce the background - lots of pandemic related words in the colour I think of now as "NHS Blue". Then I stamped the NBUS Gorjuss image and coloured it to match the background, first drawing in a face mask where the features would be. I think it's meant to be coloured to look like a watermelon, but what the heck?

Finally I added a sentiment that seems to just about sum this year up, not just the Coronavirus pandemic but so many disasters all around the world with fires, floods, accidents, explosions .... and don't get me started on politics! The stamp is from So Suzy and was bought with vouchers i won from one of Darnell's giveaways, so it's extra appropriate.

I am sharing this with:

Cardz 4 Galz - Monochrome 

Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers - V for Vulgarity 


NBUS - NBUS


12 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Excellent! Jo x

Helen said...

Perfect!!! LOVE the sentiment and your background is awesome!!! And that little girl... with her mask ... priceless!!! LOVE it!!! ((HUGS)) Helen

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Fantastic Jane.

Sue xx

Sue - said...

That card just says it all!

crafty-stamper said...

Perfect card for life now love the word background and cute image
Carol x

Crafting Queen said...

Wonderful creative card.

Darnell said...

I'm having a hard time typing, as I keep guffawing which makes my gigundo bosooms bounce up and down, hitting my gingers on the keyboard! Oh, phoo, thank you for the hearty laugh first thing in the morning, Jane! And after I wiped the tears away, I could see it's actually a fabulous well-thought-out design with the perfect background and sediment! That sent me off laughing again! Finally, I love her matching outfit and now, ta da, her face looks perfectly normal! That says a lot, doesn't it? It's horrifying what it says, but there you go. Keep well! Hugs, Darnell

Lindsey said...

This really does sum it up, doesn't it? Love the background, and your masked girl. She does look like she needs a little more gentle handling!

dorsetdawndesigns said...

I love the background, so clever and it looks really good
Thanks for joining in our challenge at Cardz 4 Galz Dawn S DT

JulieP said...

Oh Jane! I busted a gut when I enlarged this. Sooooo funny! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Sisterhood.

Donna said...

RIGHT???????
UGH!!!!
LOL this is awesome sistah!
Thanks for gettin' vulgar with Edna and the sisterhood of snarky stampers!

Helen said...

Sums up everything perfectly! Thanks for making us all laugh!!

Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz.

Helen x