Thursday 27 August 2020

Live Love Laugh


This card was inspired by something I saw on the WOW blog,  where they made a picture with four mini frames done the way I did this - the undecorated side painted with gesso  then inked with an embossing pad and coated with a textured embossing powder. They, too, added a stamped insect to the inside of the frame. That's where the resemblance stops.

For the background, I sprayed card with orange and brown distress inks then stamped and embossed the butterflies, dragonflies and sentiment with white ultra detail powder and distressed the edges. The stamps are all from an Indigo Blu set that came free with a magazine a few years ago.

With hindsight I wish I'd used a contrasting embossing powder for the frame to make it stand out more - I have a turquoise textured one that would have been perfect.

I'm playing along at the Butterfly Challenge where I've spun the wheel with the letter C for Carrot orange - just the one colour today.

3 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

Lovely card.

Dawn Phillips said...

Such a striking card. Couldn't resist the dragonflies could you, lol. Love Dawn x

Mrs A. said...

I like the colour combination that you have gone with here. Love the idea with the little frame too. Thankyou for coming and spinning the butterfly wheel with me this week. Hugs Mrs A.