Monday 24 August 2020

Same stamps, different card.

While I had my funky seahorse stamp out, after making yesterday's card, I decided to use it - and the sentiment - again to make a very UN-CAS (is that a word?) card.


This time I made a background by spraying watercolour card with aqua ink. As I was planning to fussy cut the seahorse, I stamped it on the background where I would be placing it, in case I lost any details in the cutting. I made a "grotto" frame by brushing silver metallic paint around the edge and using it to give the bottom a rocky look, then used a tube of liquid enamel dots (I don't know how else to describe it, the tube calls it liquid pearls but it's very different from the liquid pearls I'm used to) to add seaweed and bubbles.

I stamped and fussy cut the seahorse and sentiment and applied them with 3-d adhesive.

Sharing this with The Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers - O is for Ocean 





6 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Love it! Great 3-D effect with the paint, Jo x

JulieP said...

A completely different look from your first card. I'm really digging the dimension with the drops. Very cool. Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Sisterhood!

Helen said...

So very cool! LOVE that dimension!!!! Thanks so much for sharing at Sisterhood! ((HUGS)) Helen

Donna said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh sooooooo awesome!!!!
Thanks for plunging into the ocean with Edna and the sisterhood of snarky stampers!!

Lindsey said...

Ooh, this mixed-media creation is amazing! Love all the texture. Thanks for joining the fun again at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers, sistah!

Barbara Godden said...

Fantastic mixed media piece, so many elements that seehorse is awesome. Whatever you called the tube of dots you did an awesome job with them on the dots and seaweed, thanks for playing along with the sisterhood for O is for Ocean.