Wednesday 16 September 2020

Getting messy

 Yet another project I've made using the new Indigo Blu mixed media magazine kit, this time featuring the stencil. 


For the background on the card, I used diluted metallic gold watercolour paint to create a wash all over a piece of watercolour card and, once dry, the same paint undiluted to stencil the dot pattern all over the card. 

Now on to the topper. I scraped metallic gold, pewter and copper metallic watercolour paints very thinly over a piece of watercolour card,  making sure each layer was completely dry before applying the next, then brushed gesso sparingly over the surface. Then I stencilled the butterfly postmark section of the stencil over the background using Starlights Metallic Paint in Topaz. I added some stamped words then tore  the edges and layered it over the background. 

This is probably the messiest thing I've ever made, both the mess made during the creation of it and the overall appearance, and I have to say the result isn't really "me" but I didn't half have fun playing with all my paints and tools! 

I'm sharing this with Shopping Our Stash - Make a Mess 


3 comments:

Chana Malkah said...

This definitely qualifies as a "messy" project! Love it! Thanks for a great response to our challenge at Shopping Our Stash!
Hugz,
Chana Malkah, DT

Donna said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh sistah!!!
This is so awesome!!!
Thanks for getting messy with the crew from SHOPPING OUR STASH!!

Mimi said...

This is so attractive to me! The tones, the texture... so soothing and fall and I just absolutely love it! Thanks for being such a faithful visitor to SOS. Sorry I don't stop by as often as I should-- life has been very busy these past few years, but your work continues to shine!