Wednesday 23 September 2020

The Sky's The Limit

 I'm STILL having a lovely time with the Indigo Blu magazine kit - I can't think when one stamp set has inspired me so much. 

This stamp was just calling out to be made into a slider card. 



I cut a piece of card for the sky and used scrap paper, cut into a "Cloud" edge, as a mask while blending Cosmic Shimmer Colour Cloud ink all over. Then I used a slider card die to cut a swooping opening so the balloon could "take off" and fly across the card.  I worked out where the opening would be on the base card and sponged more ink behind it. 

Then I stamped the balloon and coloured it with Promarkers, adding blue around the edge so that white edges wouldn't show, as I didn't want to have to fussy cut it too closely. If there had been any very delicate details, such as the flag or ballast bags,  on an interactive card like this, they would have been too fragile to withstand the inevitable playing-with. 

Moving the balloon around the card  to make sure the sentiment wasn't going to be obscured, I positioned and stamped the sentiment and  then added a couple of other elements in a paler ink, then distressed and inked the edges. After assembling the slider with 1p coins and foam pads, I attached the whole caboodle to the card front with foam tape. 

I am sharing this with: 

Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers - S is for Slider  (sorry, sistahs, I thought this less-than-snarky sentiment was perfect for the card so it's a snark-free entry from me this time) 






The Male Room - Travel 









6 comments:

Lindsey said...

I'm with you, Jane - could there be a more fitting sentiment for a slider card? While snark is fun, sometimes it just doesn't fit. Love this card! Thanks for reuniting with us at the Sisterhood!

Donna said...

Ohhhhhh a balloon is JUST the BEST image for a slider!
Very nicely done sistah!

JulieP said...

I love the balloon and agree, the sentiment is perfect. Thanks for playing with us Jane!

Dotty Jo said...

Excellent! Jo x

Helen said...

LOVE that balloon!! Awesome slider and love the sentiment (even if it isn't snarky! LOL). Thanks for play! ((HUGS)) Helen

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

As always from you Jane, a fabulous card, I love the "travelling" balloon with the great sentiment. Thank you so much for joining us in our Travel challenge at The Male Room this week.I hope you will join us in our next challenge.
Faith DT