Saturday 19 September 2020

Tranquil by moonlight

 When I made this sunset scene card a few weeks ago,  I planned to use the same ink blending technique  to make a moonlight scene, but couldn't think what image to use with it. Then I received the lovely stamp sets I won over at Stamping Sensations and know they were perfect for the job! 



I masked the edges of a square of white card then added a circular mask for the moon. I blended turquoise distress ink all over the unmasked area then added navy around the edges. Then I masked the top half of the card with scrap paper and added more navy to the bottom, drawing the sponge out horizontally from the edges to give a rippled effect. 

Next I used navy and turquoise Versafine inks to stamp the boat, lighthouse and seagull, stamping the turquoise layer several times to get a good deep colour, after all, everything looks darker at night. Finally I removed the masking from the edges and stamped the bulrushes. I know bulrushes don't grow by the sea, but I didn't have any suitable shoreline plants and I really wanted something to overlap into the border! Anyway, in the dark, who can tell that it isn't really some kind of dune grass? 

I am sharing this with 

Stamping Sensations - The Great Outdoors  

Colour Hues - Navy and Turquoise  









Daring Cardmakers - Masculine 

Watercooler Wednesday - Masculine 









Cardz 4 Guyz - Monochrome 

11 comments:

Sue - said...

Gorgeous Jane. Just tried to comment on your sunset card but iPad wouldn’t let me, but I totally agree with you , I always feel guilty if I copy a design in a magazine as well. Never thought about comparing it to a knitting pattern! Hope you’re both keeping well.

Kathyk said...

It's just fabulous Jane

Happy Saturday to you

Kathyk

Barbara Godden said...

What a gorgeous scene, the masking and ink blending is fabulous.

Darnell said...

What? Oh, sorry, I was mesmerized and totally relaxed staring into that moon. Just stunning, Jane!! Hugs, Darnell

Karen Brown said...

Beautiful, beautiful card! Your lovely ink blending creates a lovely tranquil scene. Very nice card. Thank you for joining us this week at Watercooler Wednesday. Karen

Cazro said...

Stunning, Wow! this is so effective, I am definely going to CASE this one. Love it! Thanks for joining in the fun at Cardz 4 Guyz. Caz. DT.

Created by Kath said...

Your ink blending makes a great moonlight scene. Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenges! Kath-DT

Lindsey said...

What a beautiful and serene evening scene in these colours! I'm so glad you found our new Color Hues challenge!

Dawn said...

Such a stunning card. I love all the ink blending. Thanks for joining in at the Daring Cardmakers. x

pinky said...

What a beautiful outdoor scene, love your stamps. Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations.
Pinky

cm said...

Something mystical about your beautiful scene...peaceful and serene! Thrilled to see you in the Colour Hues gallery!
~carol