Tuesday 22 September 2020

Guest Designer at Retro Rubber

 I'm delighted to have been invited to be Guest Designer at Retro Rubber - where the stamps we use need to be at least a year old - for the latest challenge which is Anything Goes. 


I decided on a distinctly Autumnal theme for my card. 


The main stamp I have used here is one of my oldest - and most often used - stamps, a Rubber Stampede one that is well over 20 years old. I stamped it onto a piece of a Master Board I had pre-prepared. To make the master board, I used a complete sheet of A4 card and applied shades of green, yellow, orange and tan ink in a mixture of sponging, spraying and direct to paper  techniques then sprayed the whole thing with green, copper and gold mica pearl sprays. Since I made a whole sheet you'll be seeing a few makes featuring it over the coming weeks. 

I fussy cut the image and curled the edges of the leaves slightly then added it to a panel of green card  with a sentiment stamped near to the bottom, wrapped the panel with twine, matted it on white and added it to the front of a brown card blank. I surrounded the leaves with "dewdrops" of clear liquid pearls. The bottom of the card looked a bit empty compared to the top, so I took a sycamore leaf stamp (this one only about 15 years old!) and used Stazon ink to stamp it onto shrink plastic, then cut and shrank it to make tiny embellishments. 

4 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

What a beauty, Jane! Your lovely colors are layered into such a wonderful design! Congratulations on your GDT gig! xx

Dotty Jo said...

Lovely card, Jane! Congrats on your GDT, Jo x

Jan Clothier said...

Gorgeous card, Jane! Those leaves look so real, they could fly off the page in a slight breeze. Thanks so much for joining in with us as Guest Designer at Retro Rubber.

LeAnne said...

Lovely fall creation, Jane! So happy to have you with us this week at As You See it, toO!