Wednesday 21 October 2020

Back to the Indigo Blu kit....

 I just can't keep away from it! 


This time I used it to make an envelope style card. 


To make it, I started with two square cards and cut one panel in half diagonally on each, then stuck the two uncut panels together to give a tri-fold card, and ran a dark pink ink pad along the edges. I took a pale pink printed distress effect paper from the kit and a set of Altenew ink pads in shades of pink ranging from a barely-there hint of blush to a deep plummy pink. I cut the paper to a whisper smaller than each panel then blended ink around the edges of each piece and decorated with stamping and stencilling in the various shades of pink. 

Next I made the insert - I cut white card down to a square 1cm each way smaller than the card, punched a border along the top and then stamped the lady, positioning her so that when the card is closed with the insert in place, she will be peeping through the V-shape made by the overlapping diagonal panels. Then I blended, stamped and stencilled all around the edges leaving the area closest to her white to make her stand out, and added a touch of colour to her lips and flowers. 

Finally I stuck the bottom edge of the right hand panel to the centre, to form a pocket to tuck the insert in and added a butterfly to that panel cut from one of the patterned papers. 

I am sharing this with the Butterfly Challenge  where I have used the card fold, and also edges and English Rose. Also with Little Red Wagon - something beginning with B (butterflies) 

4 comments:

Imke said...

Lovely fold card, Jane and great take with our "B" Challenge. The butterflies are a perfect for it.

Thanks for joining us @ Little Red Wagon this week. Hope to see you back again soon.

Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card love the distressed looking P.paper and beautiful stmps
carol x

Donna Ellis said...

What a fantastic criss-cross pocket card, Jane! Beautiful colors. I especially like the way you used the MS border punch! hugs, de

Mrs A. said...

I do like the border that you have punched out and I love your colour combination. Thankyou for coming and spinning thee butterfly wheel with me for this challenge. Hugs Mrs A.