Sunday 25 October 2020

On the right track

 It seems to be a few days since I posted - not that I haven't been crafting, I've been busy getting ready for the forthcoming cat lovers blog hop. Anyway, here is a card that is very much not cat themed and once again uses stamps from the gorgeous Indigo Blu magazine kit. 


I'm sure that, like me, you can't bear to throw away a even a tiny snippet of white card, because it's so useful,  and end up with a boxful of bits and pieces of all kinds of different textures and shaded of white. Try die cutting them to make a W-o-W card and you'll see just how many different shades you have. But once they are stamped, coloured or embossed the differences become negligible so a card like this is a great way to clear some of the surplus. 

First of all I cut a square to fit the card and painted it all over with a matt silver watercolour paint. When it was dry I sponged a hint of black ink around the edges then embossed the whole thing with a cog wheel embossing folder, Cogs & Gears from Creative Expressions. 

Then I stamped all the elements onto snippets of white, coloured in the engine and added a sentiment from the pack of adhesive sentiments I won in the playground recently, and matted the engine onto red card. I did add a few die cut cogs but they pushed it over the border into Too Much Going On so I whipped them off again before the glue dried.

I am sharing this with

The first ever challenge at  the new blog Let's Squash It! , a challenge that wants us all to show more love for our embossing folders. The theme is Geometric and Metallic. 



Pixie's Snippets Playground - Challenge 389  

Watercooler Wednesday - anything goes with a masculine twist



6 comments:

ionabunny said...

Hi Jane, love this. Great with the whole industrial feel to the stamped elements and the lovely cog background. Thanks for joining the fun at Let's Squash It! Hugz

Dotty Jo said...

Love your card, Jane! The cogs go perfectly with the engine, track etc.Thanks for playing at Let's Squash It, Jo x

Crafting Queen said...

Lovely this card.

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous masculine card love the vintage iomage and great embossed background
Carol x

Di said...

Great card Jane - and I'm so with you about white snippets. I do try to segregate them but it's not always possible! They like to mix, mingle and multiply when I'm not looking.

Hugs

Di xx

Sarn said...

Fabulous card and perfect for the Snippets Playground as well as the new embossing folder challenge.

Hugs, Sarn xxx