Friday 9 October 2020

Pink lady

 It's that Indigo Blu set again! 


This time I followed one of the "recipes" in the magazine,  masking watercolour card  and creating an ombré inked rectangle, then stamping the lady, removing the ink from the face and flowers with a wet brush and adding colour back in to the flowers using watercolours. 

All went well until the next step - removing the masking from the edges, masking the image  and splattering ink over the background and surrounding frame. I haven't really done much splattering, preferring to cheat with a splatter-like stamp, and I'm afraid my effort looks as if I was attacked by an axe murderer while sipping a glass of red wine. 

I am sharing this, splatters and all, with 

Cardz 4 Galz  - Go Retro  

Watercooler Wednesday - Anything goes with a feminine twist  



7 comments:

Helen said...

Such a striking card, Jane! Love the pink inked panel as a background for the great black image! Thanks for joining the fun at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week! Take care!

Sue - said...

Love it Jane. I’m not very good at splattering either! A we paintbrush and some kitchen towel might remove some if you wanted to.

Liz said...

Great card, Jane. I'm not much of a splatterer either. xx

Lynda said...

Love this stamp - you have done it justice - despite the murder scenario you gave! :) Thank you for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz - great to see you here xx Lynda DT

Tristan said...

Fab card Jane. Love the masking and that sponged background which perfectly highlight your stamp and those little splatters just soften the overall look. Thanks for joining us at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week. Tristan DT.

Billie A said...

Awesome card. I love the blocked color and the images. The splatters give a great touch. Thanks for sharing over at Cardz 4 galz.

Dawn Phillips said...

Beautiful card Jane. Thanks for joining my challenge at Cardz4galz. Love Dawn x