Sunday 22 November 2020

Cakes and rainbows

 For once, I was actually ready and waiting before the playground gates opened, so I popped over here to publish the post - and realised I'd not actually written it yet. So here goes....



The background is made from snippets of brightly coloured paper 1cm wide. I cut a piece of card a little larger than I wanted the finished panel to be, covered it with tacky glue then arranged the snippets diagonally over it, carefully butting the edges. I'd chosen paper rather than card so there wouldn't be any bulky ridges if  I overlapped any bits. Once the glue was fully dry, I cut it out using a stiched square die. 

I stamped the cake and strawberries, using stamps from a set that was in the December 2018 issue of Creative Stamping, and coloured them with Promarkers. Can you guess what I was humming as I coloured "all the sweet green icing running down"?  Then I cut them out and die cut the sentiment, and arranged everything on the card front. 

I am sharing this with: 

AAA Birthday - For a Child 


Fab'N'Funky - Hand stamped or die cut sentiment 

Pixie's Snippets Playground - Challenge 391  

Retro Rubber - They Said it's Your Birthday  


Sweet Stampin' - Birthdays 

13 comments:

Aquarius said...

Great use of snippets on this cheery card

Chris said...

A wonderful bright and cheerful birthday card, love the bold colours.
Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week.
Chris
x

Crafting Queen said...

Yummy card, love the cake.

crafty-stamper said...

I love these stamps and great colourful snippet background
Carol x

Pat K said...

Yummy cake on this super card. Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky. Pat K xx

Jane said...

Gosh you must have patience to piece all those papers strips so neatly. Makes for a striking and eye catching background though, so worth all the effort. Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

Mrs A. said...

Very striking. Colours are superb and I like how you have then cut with the frame. The only tune/words I can think are Yum , yum, love in my tummy.! Hugs Mrs A.

creative lady said...

Love all the bold colors, love the cake and the strawberries on your card. Thanks for playing along with Retro Rubber Challenge Blog.

Sarn said...

Mmmm that card looks yummy!

Fab snippets background too.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Rachelle Oltean said...

HI Jane! I love this image set against the striped background paper! It's so bright and festive! Thanks so much for sharing this at the Retro Rubber Challenge #148 - They Say It's Your Birthday!
Rachelle - Guest Designer : )

Jan Clothier said...

Your rainbow background is great, especially for a child's card. The white die cut stands out well from it. Thank you for playing with us at Retro Rubber Challenge.

Claire Grantham said...

That cake looks amazing against the stripy background! Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber this time. Claire DT

Di said...

Great card Jane - yup, the icing is gorgeous and super use of snippets as well!

Hugs

Di xx