Friday 13 November 2020

Seeing stars!

 This month's challenge at Twofers is Stars, and I decided to go for dies rather than stamps this time as I really wanted to practise my night sky backgrounds and knew  these die cuts stars (sorry, I can't remember the brand) would stand out well. 


The first card is made with a background of blended distress inks splattered with dilute white gesso. 


I die cut the stars and sentiment in white, then covered the word "sparkle" with adhesive and coated it in white glitter, and coated the word "shine" with glossy accents - so they really do sparkle and shine. 

I am sharing this card with Inkspirational - Night 



The second card is the fashionable slim shape 


I sponged an arc of blue  right across the card and stamped and embossed the sentiment in the white space.  I really can't seem to find a silver ink/powder combo that works. Even the normally ultra-reliable  combo of WOW powder and WOW embossing pad lets me down. It's left me with a slightly distressed look -  so it's perhaps a good thing that I forgot to use my anti-static pad, contributing even more to the distressed effect. Let's pretend it was deliberate, shall we? 

I am sharing this with

Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge where I thought the theme was "use a sentiment" but that was last week, wasn't it? So I'm using the Anything goes option. 

Craft Rocket Challenge - Christmas/Winter  

Cardz for Galz - Silver and/or Gold  


And finally back to the two cards together which I am staring at the Twofers Card Challenge  



13 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Lovely twofering, Jane! Jo x

crafty-stamper said...

Both beautiful and fabulous distress ink background
Carol x

Crafting Queen said...

Two lovely cards, love the background you created.

AlisonC said...

You can't beat an inky background. I think I need some gesso! It looks fab.

Dawn Phillips said...

Two beautiful cards. I love the CAS look of the long and thin one. Thanks for joining us at Cardz4galz. Love Dawn x

Darnell said...

That is a great star die, Jane. I love the texture it gives to the star shape which really shows up on the bright silver stars on your slimline card. (When I forget the buddy and get the e/p all over, I just schplatter the card with the same color ink so it looks intentional.πŸ˜‰ Ssh, don't tell anyone!) I have to say it's your night sky design that steals the show in this duo! You have rocked my world with the schparkle and shine and your blending in night shade colors and schplattering with gesso is sensational!! Thank you so much for playing in TCC #33! Keep well! Hugs, Darnell

Liz said...

Two super star cards Jane, perfect for the Twofer Challenge. xx

Catie Cuddles said...

Love love love the 🌟 ⭐ 🌟
Thanks for joining us at Craftyhazelnuts Christmas challenge blog.
Happy crafting!
Catherine x DT

Shauna said...

Two pretty cards! Your night sky looks so great and the white really stands out against the bold colors. Thanks for playing with us at Inkspirational!
- Shauna

Helen said...

Two beautiful designs - love them both.

Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz.

Helen x

JD/ Jill said...

Two very nicely done Christmas cards!

Anita in France said...

That's such a deep and fabulous galaxy sky for your textured stars, Jane ... so atmospheric ... love how you made the sentiment sparkle and shine to match the words ... so creative! Your second Christmas card is wonderfully cool and contemporary ... and deliciously graphic! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Twofer! Anita :)

Sue - said...

Two great cards Jane! Your starry night sky looks really good. Hope you’re both keeping well and safe!