Sunday 15 November 2020

Christmas Penguins

 Many years ago, before I started this blog, a friend was doing some charity fundraising and wanted as many penguin themed Christmas cards as possible. I had no penguin themed stash so tootled off to Crafts U Print and downloaded an assortment of penguin themed designs, so I could churn out a bundle of quick and easy cards for her. 

And there those designs have sat, on my computer, ever since that first set of projects. Until the need arose for a penguin themed card, over at Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers. But how the heck do you make a penguin snarky? Well, I thought about a t-shirt design I've often seen at Christmas time, but changed the first person sentiment to a second person one to make it more suitable for a card to send, and printed that out as well as my download. Naturally I had to choose my font carefully - Mark is getting used to me asking questions like "If you were a penguin, what font would you use?" 



The download makes a tri-fold card, but it's one that folds the opposite way from what I'm used to, I generally keep the tall panel to the right. I know there are no roolz about things like that, but even so next time I use it I might try flipping the whole image before I print it. 

I'm sharing this with

CD Sunday Plus - anything goes using a CD, download or USB  

The Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers - P is for Penguin 




13 comments:

Pamela said...

A great fun card Jane and the font is perfect for penguins! Thanks for joining in with the challenge.
Pamela
CD Sunday Plus DT.

Margarets designer cards said...

Brilliant fun card, I love the penguins and the font is prefect
Thank you for joining us
Margaret
CD Sunday plus DT

crafty-stamper said...

Brilliant love the fold,the penguins and great sentiment and the font is just pefect lol
Carol x

Dotty Jo said...

Love your card, Jane. Perfect penguins and a fabulous sentiment too. Andy is used to me asking similar questions too! Jo x

JulieP said...

The penguins are wonderful! You know, I've never stopped to ask myself what font an image would use. ROFL! Thanks so much for playing along with us!

Crafting Queen said...

Great card and the words are fun. x

Helen said...

Adorable little penguins Jane! LOVE the tri-fold and the sentiment... perfect! Have a super week and thanks for sharing with us!! ((HUGS)) Helen

Jocelyn said...

A fun card with great images and sentiment. Thank you for sharing with us.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday Plus DT

Carol said...

Would have loved to have been a fly on the wall when Mark gave his answer. A great card Jane and thank you for joining us.
Carol xx
CD Sunday Plus DT

Wynn said...

What a great card Jane. Loving the fold too. This made me smile. Thank you for sharing it with us at CDSunday Plus Wynn DT

lauren bergold said...

i was already in love with the clever fold and adorable penguins, AND THEN i read the sentiment! too cute and too funny! love this! thanks for sharing this with the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers! ♥

Chris Dring said...

Guess we are all penguins then! What an amazing tri-fold card!

Donna said...

I've always kind of thought I am shaped like a penguin, short ann round...no wonder I can't fly!!!
FRIG!!!!
This is awesome, love the fancy fold!
Thanks for playing along with Edna and the sisterhood of snarky stampers sistah!