Wednesday 18 November 2020

Pink Lady

 Oh no, I hear you groan, she's STILL playing with that Indigo Blu magazine kit! Well, I'm sorry but it just is the most beautiful stamp set ever and the stencil and embossing folder work perfectly with it. 



It's hard to choose a favourite stamp, looking back over the years, but this lady is definitely my current favourite. 

To make the card, I smooshed the background card with several shades of pink distress ink. When it was dry, I stamped the lady in the middle, masked off the image and used the darkest shade of pink ink to stencil the background. 

Then I used the embossing folder on opposite corners of the card.  This caused a problem I should have foreseen - the way the embossing folder sits on the card, the blank area on it squashes and flattens par of the embossing that's already done. There's probably a work-around but I couldn't think of it. 

Luckily I'd picked up the last of the smooshing inks on a scrap of spare card, for future use, so I embossed that as well. Then I fussy cut the corner on the main card and the whole of the second corner and distressed all the straight edges. I used a lighter brown ink to sponge the raised surface of the embossing and all the cut edges, then I used a thin layer of 3D adhesive to add the second corner to make it look as if she is peeping out from behind it. 

I am sharing this with 

Sweet Stampin - Your favourite stamp 

Sparkles Monthly - Use a stencil 

Colour Hues - Pink and Brown 



9 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

Lovely card, really like the layers.

crafty-stamper said...

Love the beautiful stamp and think I have this one somewhere lolLove the distressed edges and embossed corners
carol x

dorsetdawndesigns said...

This is such a lovely card all the differant elements work so well together. Thanks for joining in our challenge at Sparkles Monthly Dawn S DT

Tracey T said...

This really is lovely, Jane. Thank you for playing along with us at Sweet Stampin' this week. Hope you'll join us again soon! Tracey x

Nancy said...

Your mixing of our colors and your blending really makes for a great card! So happy to have you in our gallery at Color Hues! Thanks for joining us!

Fiona said...

I have a stamp with an image very similar to that bought years ago from Cherry Pie Art Stamps - that reminds me I haven't inked them up in such a long time - thanks for sharing with us at Sweet Stampin

Tammy said...

WOW Jane, this is gorgeous! I love that beautiful image and the butterfly stencil you used! Thanks so much for joining us at Sparkles Monthly.
Tammy x

Sheri Gilson said...

Beautiful! Wonderful your take using the colors Pink & Brown! Thank you so much for playing along with us at the Color Hues Challenge!

cm said...

Echoing the others: you've created a lovely pink + brown card! I can see why you're so taken with this image; so pretty! Thank you for playing along with us at the Colour Hues Challenge!
~carol