Thursday 23 September 2021

A Slide and Lock card

 I love making gatefold cards but they have an annoying tendency to spring open which can sometimes spoil the look of the outside. A belly band is sometimes the answer, but over at the butterfly Challenge, Mrs A has come up with a different solution, a sliding lock that slips over the two "gates" and becomes a feature of the card. 



Full instructions for making the card are over on the Butterfly Challenge blog. I used all the suggested colours, and cut the squares and circles with stitched edge dies so I've used all elements in the challenge this time. Not only that, but apart from the white card and the pink, of which I used an entire 12x12 sheet with no viable leftovers, every other element was made using complete pieces of card and paper from my snippets  box - even that lovely Crafty Individuals paper on the inside which picks up the plain colours so perfectly. NOT A SINGLE SCRAP WENT BACK INTO MY SNIPPETS BOX!!!! I reckon that for me, that is some kind of a record! 

I am sharing this with 

Butterfly Challenge - Spin the wheel with the latter S (all elements used) 

Pixie's Snippets Playground - Challenge 412 




5 comments:

Suzanne H said...

Congratulations on using those snippets. Perfect for your lovely card.

Sarn said...

Well THERE'S a thing of beauty. What a GREAT idea to keep a gatefold card closed. Me no likey the term "belly band" - so an alternative really works for me!

Now, after all your hard work . . . I think you deserve a break up in the Treehouse with all the usual suspects lolling around enjoying themselves don't you? LOL!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Mrs A. said...

Hi Liz, what an impact your gorgeous die cut butterly makes on the slide and lock element. I recognise the embossing folder too. Must really remember to get mine out and actually use them! Thankyou for coming and spending time in the butterfly garden. Hugs Mrs A.

Mrs A. said...

Oopsy sorry Jane I called you Liz by mistake. Hugs Mrs A.

Di said...

Gorgeous card Jane - really pretty colours too!

Hugs

Di xx