Monday 13 September 2021

Autumn leaves

 While out and about at the weekend, it was very noticeable that the leaves are already beginning to change colour and autumn really isn't very far away. This time of year is reflected in the sheer number of autumn/leaf/harvest themed challenges around at the moment,  and my current crafting is reflecting those themes. 


This card is made using a leaf stamp that I've had for many years and eventually set aside as I just couldn't get good result from it. It was unmounted and very large, and I just couldn't get even enough pressure on it before I had a stamping platform - a single impression is never enough. So I stuck it in a box and forgot about it until now. And now, of course, I have a Misti - but not a good enough memory to immediately remember every long-forgotten stamp! However this turned up while looking for something else and the Misti could well have given it a new lease of life. 

Today I have inked it with a Kaleidacolour pad, using a brayer as the slide mechanism stops the pad from inking properly on the Misti platform. My pad is very, VERY old and not very juicy, so it did take multiple stampings but in the end I managed to get a complete image, even if it does have a slightly distressed look!  

I matted it, along with a sentiment stamped from a Creative Stamping freebie set from a few years ago, and matted the image and sentiment and used the Kaleidacolour pad and  a speckled stamp from the same set as the sentiment repeatedly along the sides to create a border. 

Then I discovered that I'd made the entire card back to front, with the opening  on the left, and had to dismantle it and rebuild it.... 

Anyway, does anyone know anywhere that Kaleidacolour pads are still available? This one really is down to its last gasp, and everywhere I look that seem to be permanently out of stock which makes me think they have been discontinued. A pity if they have, I love my little collection of them! 

I am sharing this with 

Inkspirational - Autumn Leaves  



Sweet Stampin - Colours of Autumn  

Country View Challenges - the leaves begin to fall 













5 comments:

Swissie said...

Your card is just gorgeous, Jane! Wonderful colours!
I once had a similar experience using an old stamp with my Misty. What a great tool!
I wish you a nice week and a colourful autumn.
Hugs, Liv

Marlena M. said...

Beautiful Autumn Leaves creation Jane! Your speckled edges are a lovely touch. I did a quick search for that ink pad and Etsy had a similar looking ink pad, but I don't know about the quality of the ink. Thank you for joining us at INk~

Pat K said...

Wonderful autumn colours on this lovely card. Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin. Pat K xx

Corrie Herriman said...

Lovely leaves ! Thank you so much for your contribution to our 'the leaves begin to fall' challenge over at Country View Challenges. Corrie xx

Jane said...

Such a lovely leaves card Jane! Thanks so much for joining my "the leaves begin to fall" challenge over at Country View. I hope you are keeping well? Hugs x