Friday 3 September 2021

Artist's Baubles #2

 This is my second make using the beautiful Artist's Baubles stamp set from Chocolate Baroque. 


This time I chose a William Morris style design and stamped it using a Kaleidacolor pad. Ever since I got a stamping platform, I've thought  the little catch for pulling apart the colours on Kaleidacolor pads meant it wasn't possible to use them with the platform. It's taken me all this time to think "why not use a brayer to ink the stamp?". *sigh* But my pads are getting old and not so juicy now, some of them really need replacing - but are they still being made? I've been searching for months now and can't find any UK supplier with any stock of them. 

I cut out my stamped image and layered it with die cut squares that pick out the colours of the image. 
No sentiment - it would have spoiled the symmetry of the card. 

I am sharing this with 

Sweet Stampin' - Lots of Layers 




2 comments:

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Ooh that's lovely! Thanks for joining the fun with us at Sweet Stampin' this week. LOVE what you've done. Hugs, Wends xoxo Sweet Stampin' DT

Fiona said...

Ooh - I have one of those old mixed ink pads and never thought to use the Brayer - thanks for the tip - I love the elegance of your card - thanks for sharing with us at Sweet Stampin