Saturday 18 September 2021

Our wedding anniversary

 Yesterday, Mark and I celebrated our 44th wedding anniversary. We spent a couple of days away earlier in the week, enjoying a lovely afternoon tea in a beautiful hotel in Bedfordshire and spending a fascinating day at The Shuttleworth Collection, a huge collection of historic aircraft that appealed to the military historian in Mark and the engineer in me. The gardens there are beautiful too, and the weather was perfect. 

Just to make you jealous, here is a photo of our tea. 



And this is the card I made for him



The stamps are from two Clearly Besotted sets that were released earlier this year. I coloured the cats with Promarkers - and the colours are significant, when Mark and I met, he owned a ginger cat and I owned a grey one. Neither of us really goes in for mushy sentiments, so this was far more appropriate. I heat embossed it in black on white, my current favourite way to stamp a sentiment. 

The heart is made by sponging ink through a large heart shaped stencil, and the cats fussy cut and attached with 3D adhesive. 

I am sharing this with 

Allsorts Challenge - any real animal or creature 

Addicted to Stamps and More - any occasion  


Watercooler Wednesday - all about occasions 


Show us your pussy cats - Furrything Goes 

 

9 comments:

meg said...

Congratulations to you both on your Wedding Anniversary Jane,love your CAS card and sentiment,not a fan of mushy sentiments either Meg x

Aimeslee Winans said...

Huge congratulations to you and Mark! 44 years! I think next year you two should begin celebrating 50 and take 5 years doing it! My honey and I plan to do that, heehee, maybe starting at 40 (we are at 34 now). A wonderful tea and a very sweet card, too! xoxo

brenda said...

A cute card Jane and belated congratulations, many thanks for joining in with our 'Animals and Creatures' theme at Allsorts challenge this week.

B x

Wendy L said...

This is so sweet, thanks for joining us at Allsorts, xxx

Cathy said...

Congratulations on your anniversary! Love the story behind your card and I love your card, that sentiment is fabulous! Thankyou for playing along at Watercooler Wednesday, Cathy x

Liz said...

Fabulous card Jane, what a brilliant sentiment! Wishing you a belated Happy Anniversary. The afternoon tea looks delicious. xx

Sue - said...

Congratulations to you both! Great card too! The tea looks delicious.

Izzy Scrap said...

Congratulations to you both on your anniversary ! Your yummy picture tempted me (it's almost diner time !). Your card is so cute for this occasion and I love the fun sentiment to go with ! Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at ATSM.

ike said...

Congratulations :-) Your tea looks yummy.
Fantastic kitty card - I love those kitties.
Thank you for purring along to play in my Cats only Challenge.
Hugz
IKE =^..^=

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page
Cat Lovers Challenge Blog