Thursday 2 September 2021

Festive embossing

 This is one of those cards that set out to be something completely different and went through multiple metamorphoses between brain and craft table. The large square motif was going to be black, with the outer square framing an aperture on a yellow card and the remaining square on the card inside. 

That may still happen one day, but I just happened to have some gold mirri on the table and thought, "Wouldn't that look good used with this die" and then while rummaging for the yellow card I spotted this red card blank, and
the two of them together shouted "CHRISTMAS" to me - and who an I to refuse? 



The die set is an old Sizzix one that I've had for many years. I cut and embossed it,  then attached the large square diagonally on the card and the smaller square aligned with the card. I used the Misti to position the sentiment evenly around the square. 

I tried adding a corner design but it reduced the impact of that shiny gold motif so I decided not to use them. 

I am sharing this with 

Time Out - Coloured Card base 


Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge - Anything goes/embossing 

2 comments:

Joyce said...

This is a lovely card, and I enjoyed hearing about the process of how it came to be. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.

Gerrina said...

What a beautful festive card! Great how you made it just by adding one colour on a coloured base! Thank you for joining us at Time Out!