Saturday 4 November 2017

Bleach and blue

I've been having a play with bleach today - stamping and heat embossing then using bleach to remove colour from the card.


I stamped the daisy - a very old magazine freebie stamp - all over the card in black, embossed in black then painted on thin bleach with a water brush to remove colour from the petals. I had to test several types of blue card before I found one the bleach worked on. As you can see, the card is pretty porous and the rather delicate embossing meant that the bleach bled a little way outside the lines. I now have a half made card on my desk that exploits this effect! I've used another shade of card from the same pack ... but more of that in a day or two when the card is finished and photographed.

The sentiment is stamped and embossed in gold on vellum and attached with glue just behind the sentiment.

I am sharing this with

Creative With Stamps - Thankful


Just Add Ink - Inspiration photo


Just Us Girls - Thankful



9 comments:

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Jane, so pretty.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Greta said...

Fun technique I haven't done in ages!

Cara said...

This is so pretty, love how you added the sentiment on vellum x

ColourmehappyDi said...

what a great idea to use bleach - it's give a great look to the images. Glad you could play along with this week's Just Add Ink challenge.
Di

Anonymous said...

I love this technique - it's such a fun one to play with. Looks fantastic on this blue card. Chantell Just Add Ink

Helen F. said...

Fun technique on your very pretty Thank You notecard, Jane! So happy you joined in the Creative With Stamps Challenge this month. :-)

Dorlene Durham said...

Love the bleach technique and haven't done that in a long time. Great card! Love the magazine freebie stamp. Thanks for joining the November challenge at Creative With Stamps. Dorlene DT CWS

Lilian said...

I've always loved this technique! Pretty card...love the blue!!!
Thank you for joining us at Creative With Stamps!
Lilian
The Leaf Studio

Monika Reeck said...

wooow I love your technique Jane..
great idea with bleach
and the blue really stand out
how are you my friend
never seen you on my Blog..hope you are doing well and healthy
big hugs and
many thanks to joining our challenge at Creative with Stamps this month
Hugs
Monika (DT)