Friday 24 November 2017

Winter landscape

I had the idea for this card, with the glittery pine forest, while I was stuck in traffic the other day and it was 5 days before I could get home to try it. No, I wasn't stuck in traffic for 5 days, but I was heading away from home for a trip...



I made the sky with a little water colour then stamped the snowflakes, from Uniko, in pale blue. I stamped the trees, which I think are an old Clarity stamp,  with a green embossing ink and embossed them with sparkly green embossing powder. The sentiment is another Uniko stamp.

I used a Tonertex pen to go around the edges and make a few "starry" dots in the sky, then when it was dry, foiled it with a silver holographic foil from Foil Play. Silver organza ribbon tied around the panel is the finishing touch.

I am sharing this with
Crafty Creations Challenges - Anything Goes
Watercooler Wednesday - All about Christmas 

 

5 comments:

Cara said...

This is fabulous and I love the touch of foiling x

Penny Hanuszak said...

Brrr...........this winter scene makes me want to bundle up. Great scene. Love the sky and the little snowflakes and the cluster of beautiful embossed trees is such a great focal point. Thanks so much Jane for joining our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week and sharing your wonderful card.

Heidi Weaver said...

Oh Jane, this is a fabulous card! Love the scene you've created and the colours you've used. That silver holographic foil is a stunning addition. Beautiful. Thanks so much for joining our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

Lady Joyful said...

Such a beautiful card, and I love that foiling. Thank you for joining us at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge - Charlotte/Lady Joyful, DT

Anna-Karin said...

Beautiful Christmas card. Thanks for sharing this with us at Crafty Creations Challenge. Anna-Karin DT