Saturday 18 November 2017

Pine cones and ivy

The new challenge at Christmas Card Throwdown is a rather unusual colour challenge - brown, green and kraft. Not a traditionally festive combo, but it made me think of pine boughs.


I made the background by stamping the old PSX Large Pine Cone stamp randomly over kraft card, using Versamark ink, and then dusting it lightly with brown and green chalk - I didn't want to add a lot and make the images too bold, or it wouldn't have shown up the die cutting and sentiment so well.

I used one of the sentiment stamps from my recent Uniko prize  and then edged the panel with green ink. Finally I added a selection of die cut pine cones, pine and fir branches and ivy.

Right, I'll be offline for a few days now - unless I get so desperate I end up taking my iPad to Tesco and using the free Wi-Fi. I do have a couple of scheduled posts coming up, for CD Sundays and Cardz 4 Guyz, so YOU can see ME tomorrow and Tuesday - and I can see YOU again later in the week!

4 comments:

Swissie said...

Just wonderful, Jane!
Hugs, Liv (Swissie)

Klaudija Rajković said...

very beautiful

Cara said...

What a great way to use the challenge colours, wonderful work. I hope you're back online soon and that being without the internet wasn't too traumatic x

AlisonC said...

That's a pretty and subtle way to make the background for your greenery. I must try it.
Thanks for playing at Christmas Card Throwdown.