Saturday 25 November 2017

Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers challenge 98 - Industrial

Our new challenge at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers is I is for Industrial




What Edna means by that is Steampunk, so don that flying helmet, crank up that steam engine and let's see how snarky and steampunky you can get!


I nearly always go for a masculine look when I attempt steampunky styles, so I thought I'd try something a bit more feminine. The image is from a Kanban die cut decoupage sheet and I computer generated the sentiment, matching the colours as closely as I could.

The base card is covered in tissue paper with vintage ads, and edged with two tones of metallic gilding wax. I added an embossed panel and die cut cogs, feather and penny farthing bicycle plus a random ticket I found lurking in my stash.

6 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

This is great, Jane! I usually think masculine for Steampunk, but you've shown it works well for a feminine card too, Jo x

Barbara Godden said...

Wow this is fabulous. awesome job.

Donna said...

This is awesome Jane!
I for one love colourful steampunk...and you've mastered it!
All the elements...just perfect sistah!

Cara said...

Fabulous card, I love the textures x

Lindsey said...

Fabulous design, Jane! And of course great minds think alike for sentiments. ;)

Chris Dring said...

Just look at all those textures!! OMG, this is fantabulous!!