Tuesday 14 November 2017

Walking in a Winter Wonderland part 1

I made this card using the papers, embossing folder, stamp and die set that came with the October issue of Papercraft Essentials.


The background scenery, red paper and border all came from the booklet of papers. I stamped the little girl and letter and used Promarkers to colour them to match. I used red and black papers for the embossing, choosing one with a white core for the red areas so it could be sanded to give a frosted effect. I found it was very fragile and tore easily though so I couldn't sand it as much as I would have liked - next time I do this I'll use Core-dinations card.

I am sharing this with
Naughty or Nice - Walking in a Winter Wonderland (my nice entry)
Make My Monday - Snow Fun

10 comments:

Linby said...

This is a lovely card. I've got this but not used it yet!

Dotty Jo said...

What a sweet scene! So glad to have you with us at NoN, Jo x

Unknown said...

BEAUTIFUL CARD! I LOVE YOUR RED MAIL BOX.

Barb said...

A very pretty frosty looking card Jane. I managed to havea quick play with this set this afternoon. Barbxx

Babs said...

Beautiful winters scene , I have this too but never got round to using it, thank you for the inspiration.
Hugs Babs x

Cara said...

This is just adorable. I had to buy the mag after seeing your last card made with her but am ashamed to say it's still in the wrapper x

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at NoN, good luck!!! Amy DT

Lindsey said...

This is adorable, Jane! (Catching up, too many tags lately...) I miss real paper crafting magazines, they just don't show up here anymore. Thanks for joining us at Naughty or Nice Challenges! (I'm off to look at the naughty one...)

Nandini said...

Just adorable! Love the pretty scene! Thank you for joining us at the Make My Monday challenges. Looking forward to seeing you in our gallery again! Nandini, DT

Robbie said...

Very cut card! Love that sentiment across the bottom! Thanks for joining us at MMM for our Snow Challenge.

Robbie