Sunday 26 November 2017

Chloe Stem Sympathy

I always say I'm not superstitious - and yet I also have this feeling that keeping sympathy cards in stock is somehow tempting fate, which means that when I need one I have to make a very quick one (or *shudder* BUY one - which would sort of imply to the bereaved person, if they are used to getting hand made cards from me, that perhaps I didn't care enough to make one) . So I like to have a few quick designs up my sleeve for such times, and that generally means they need to be CAS.


Sadly, yesterday I had the news that a friend's husband had passed away. Out came the Cloe Stem die from Memory Box, always a great one for sympathy cards because of its simple elegance, and a rummage through my snippets box yielded black, grey and purple card to cut this cluster of flowers and butterfly, to arrange on stitched ovals. A stamped sentiment and some caring words on the inside and my card was ready to post.

It seems strange to head into the Snippets Playground with something as sombre as a sympathy card, but sadly we do all need them from time to time and this one is made entirely from snippets. Actually my friend's husband was a witty, playful man with a great sense of humour and would probably have fitted in very well in the playground, if he'd been a crafter, so maybe it isn't so strange after all!

I am also sharing this at Addicted to Stamps and More, where the theme is CAS.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Elegant design, perfect for a sympathy card. Like you I tend to stick to a couple of tried and tested designs for these times.
Hugs Kaz x

Dotty Jo said...

I feel exactly the same, Jane. Your card is beautiful, Jo x

Di said...

What a lovely card Jane, but I'm sorry to hear it was for a friend of yours. Mind you, it does sound as if her husband was a fun man to know. No doubt he will be missed but also remembered with a smile.

Hugs

Di xx

Di said...

I was so tied up with who the card was for I forgot to say just how perfect it is! Chloe stems always make a lovely statement and the butterfly is a sweet touch.

Hugs

Di xx

Sue - said...

A lovely card for a sad occasion Jane. Every time I see you use the Chloe die it reminds me that I have still never used mine!

Cara said...

This is a beautiful card, I'm sorry that you had to make it though x

Barb said...

It's a lovely design Jane. A very elegant card. I feel the same about making these cards in advance Jane and sadly find myself having to make them more frequently as I get older. Barbxx

Monika Reeck said...

woow Jane
love all the DIES on your card
so adorable and so CAS
hope you are doing well my friend
many thanks to joining with us at ATSM this time
I am sorry for late comment
hugs
Monika (DT)

Jeanne H said...

This is a wonderful card! Sympathy cards are so hard to make.