Tuesday 7 November 2017

For a little princess

A few months ago I won a large princess crown die and as it is so big, I really wasn't sure what to do with it. However one day during half term I had a major crafting session with my 5 and 8 year old granddaughters. I gave them a 6x6 pad of papers - all pink and girly designs like crowns, unicorns and mermaids, and cut a whole load of crowns using all my snippets of pink and shiny card - I have muscles like Popeye's in my Grand Calibur arm now!

They had a wonderful time combining the crowns and papers to make cards - I wish I'd taken photos of their finished work - but here is the sample I made for them to show them how it could look.


The girls felt it necessary to add ribbons, stickers, bows and bling (and in one case, a tree!)  but I really feel this has so much impact it needs to be kept as unadorned as possible!

I am sharing this with Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge

5 comments:

cotnob said...

A fabulous card Jane, such a gorgeous die - it sounds like you had great fun with your granddaughters.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Cara said...

It sounds like you had a fabulous day crafting together. Your card is definitely perfect for a little princess!

Barb said...

Wow that's an impressive die Jane and your card looks wonderful. I can imagine two little girls having great fun using this princess die. Barbxx

Unknown said...

Great card, thats a fab die for little girl cards
Hugs Kaz x

Elizabeth Hart said...

Wow - love how you found background paper to so perfectly match your theme. Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)