Tuesday 28 November 2017

Giant Snowflake

I am loving the snowflake dies from Uniko so much, and the biggest of the three is perfect as the stand-out centrepiece of a bold, bright card like this:


I cut it in red card then added it to a circle cut with my trusty old Nesties. The glitter card is from Lidl, and because it's often hard to stick things to glitter card, I used a smaller Nestie to cut a circle from the glitter card behind where the topper was to go. Then after adding the ribbon and matting onto red, I used foam pads inside the circle, which were now stuck to the red background card instead of the glitter, and added my die cut topper to that.

I couldn't resist another photo from an angle to pick up all that sparkle!


This was inspired by this week's photo at Just Us Girls

There is just so much to work with in that photo - I've gone for the red, white and turquoise colour scheme,  the sparkle of the turquoise tinsel, the red and white ribbon and the round tags with giant snowflakes on them. But really I could have made a dozen different cards that would all have been inspired by it!

I am also sharing with
Cuttlebugmania - Let it Snow
Holly & Ivy - Anything Christmas Goes



10 comments:

Barbara Godden said...

Very pretty great use of the inspiration picture.

Liz said...

Great card, Jane, the red snowflake makes a striking focal point. Love the turquoise glitter card, I need to visit Lidl more often as they never seem to have much craft stuff when I go! xx

cotnob said...

A super card Jane, a lovely sparkly background and beautiful snowflake.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Barb said...

Merry and Bright! I love it Jane. Barbxx

Craftychris said...

At his is absolutely gorgeous! Love the colours! xxx

Craftychris said...

Dearie me, it should say 'this is'!

Ina G said...

Beautiful big snowflake Jane and that glittery background looks fabulous. Gorgeous card using the colours of our Inspiration Photo at JUGS. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Love the bold statement! :)

Evelyn

Cara said...

I love the colour combination and all that yum sparkle x

Vicki Dutcher said...

Stunning card! That blue glittered background is gorgeous! Thanks for joining in at JUGS!