Tuesday 14 November 2017

Walking in a Winter Wonderland part 2

While I had the stamps from my previous post out, I decided to make a second, completely different card using them:


For the background I used a stencil from Imagination Crafts - there is a deer in the middle but I masked it off before using Sparkle medium to stencil the scene. Then I stamped the girl but this time added the bird and dog from the same stamp set. I fussy cut the girl and dog and used the die that came with the stamps to cut the bird. The sentiment is stamped with a Dylusions stamp.

You can just picture the scene, can't you - the girl is out walking the dog, stops to look up at the snowy sky, and the cheeky little robin swoops over and scores a direct strike in her eye! Oh well, it's supposed to be lucky.

It reminds me of a doggerel verse from my childhood

"Little birdie flying high
Dropped a message in my eye
As I went to wipe my eye
I thanked the Lord that cows don't fly."

And on that delightful note I'll head off to share this with
Naughty or Nice - Walking in a Winter Wonderland (naughty entry)
C.R.A.F.T. - Winter

12 comments:

Linby said...

This is just wonderful - great composition and colours.

Barbara Godden said...

Super cute, love the sentiment and waht a cute verse from your childhood, haven't heard it before.

Dotty Jo said...

So cute! I'm constantly glad that cows can't fly! Thanks for joining us at NoN, it just wouldn't be the same without you, Jo x

Lia said...

A lovely and cute card with bright colours and very nice stamps!
Lia xx

cotnob said...

A fabulous card Jane, such a sweet little girl - you have created a lovely winter scene.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Barb said...

A great card. What a lovely scene. A super way to use that sweet stamp set Jane. Barbxx

Babs said...

A beautiful card lovely background and your wintery scene is fabulous, adorable images. Love the little rhyme that made me laugh.
Hugs Babs x

Sheryl said...

What a delightful winter scene you have created Jane.
Thanks for joining our Winter challenge at CRAFT this week.
Hugs Sheryl DT member xx

Cara said...

Fabulous. Love how you've created the background, it works perfectly as a contrast with her bright colouring and of course it made me smile x

Oh You Made Me Ink said...

Your card is so cute! I love that sentiment! Thanks for sharing it with us at Naughty or Nice Challenges! Cyndi, DT

maria f. said...

tee hee hee. Love the humor and your use of color. The kraft is so subtle but your coloring is so bold.

Lindsey said...

And... this is my kind of card. :D So pretty, and there's the snark I expect. ;) Thanks for joining us - again - at Naughty or Nice Challenges!