Monday 6 November 2017

More bleaching fun

The other day I shared a card I'd made using bleaching and pointed out how the combination of thin, absorbent card and fine embossing had allowed the bleach to run slightly beyond the embossed area.

Well having discovered that I decided to take advantage of it and use it in a way that made the most of the "problem".


I stamped the elf silhouette on purple card then painted the moon with bleach, where it seeped out around the edges just enough to provide an ethereal moonlit glow.
While I had the bleach to hand, I spritzed some blue paper with it to  make the background.

I really really REALLY wish I hadn't added the gems.....

I am sharing this, unfortunately with firmly attached gems, with Sweet Stampin where this week's theme is Fairies and Fantasy.

6 comments:

Wynn said...

Great technique Jane. Think I might give it go with my crafters. I'm always looking for new ideas as I have been taking a weekly class for approx. 10years here and endeavour to come up with something different each week. So you can imagine I scratch my head at times for something a bit different!! Wynn x

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Jane, fabulous use of bleach.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing isn't it, I often add something to my cards only to wish that I hadn't!
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Cara said...

I love how you created the moon glow. As for the gems, well, regrets, I've had a few, but then again too few to mention...x

Barb said...

This really is so pretty and I love the bleach technique. I had a moment today trying to take something off..... oops! Barbxx

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin, good luck!!! Amy DT

Sammy said...

Beautiful. I love the striking colour combination. Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week. Sammy-x