Saturday 25 November 2017

Glasgow Butterfly

The latest Butterfly Challenge is H is for Handwritten and/or the colour Lemon. Now if you've ever seen my handwriting, you'll probably understand why I love stamping! So I'm going to have to stick to just the colour option this time.


The stamps I've used came with a magazine (Creative Stamping?) a year or two back, and I've kept to a very simple yellow, grey and black colour scheme instead of using the rich jewel colours I generally use with them. I'm still getting very excited by how accurately I can position corners with my Misti and have used it to full advantage here so those rose clusters really frame the central image.

For the layout, I have used the sketch at this week's Little Red Wagon challenge,  and am entering this card into both this and the Butterfly challenge.

10 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Gorgeous card, Jane! I do love Mackintosh roses, Jo x

Linby said...

Oh Jane this is absolutely exquisite, so beautifully executed. I love CRM inspired stamps and have this set but not sure I would have come up with this fab colour scheme.

Mrs A. said...

What a fabulous colour combination this is yellow, grey and black. Thank you for fluttering into the garden for this challenge ad being the first brave soul. Hugs Mrs A.

Janis said...

Jane, this is just lovely!! What a beautiful stamp set. Love the floral wings of the butterflies....so very pretty in the lemon, gray, and black. Hehehe...I know what you mean abt the Handwritten part of the challenge theme!! Even though you weren't daring enough to try that part, your entry is totally gorgeous. Thanks for taking part in the Butterfly Challenge!!
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

Crafting Queen said...

Really beautiful card.

Unknown said...

Fabulous card, love the design and the lovely colour combo you have used :)
Hugs Kaz xx

JanR said...

Fab card! I really like those images. I love yellow and gray together. Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

Cara said...

This is so elegant, I love those colours together x

Barb said...

A lovely design and I really like the colour scheme Jane. Barbxx

Grudniowe Handmade said...

Wonderful :)