Saturday 11 November 2017

Butterfly and chevrons

The challenge at The Butterfly Challenge this fortnight is chevrons and/or the colour purple. I really wanted to combine the two but all the chevron papers I could find were in colours that would have looked really horrid with purple, so I made my own using a zig zag border stamp and the Misti.


I also stamped three pennants from the same stamp set as the border and embossed them with clear powder to give a change of texture. The white band across the middle is cut with pinking shear effect scissors (NOT my actual pinking shears. As with my fabric scissors, I reserve the right to implement the death penalty for anyone who uses them on paper or card) with a butterfly, cut with the classic Cuttlebug die, and some enamel dots on it.
It's hard to believe that the enamel dots are actually exactly the same shade of purple as the card and ink that I used - I think the gloomy light conditions today are to blame!

4 comments:

Mrs A. said...

A super card full of very different and striking chevrons. Love the pinking shears card across the middle. Being left handed the same goes for any of my scissors. A pain worse than death awaits anyone who dares to pick them up. Thankyou for fluttering into the garden for the new challenge. Hugs Mrs A.

Cara said...

This is fabulous, you did an amazing job creating the background. I totally agree about the scissors!

Liz said...

Gorgous card, Jane, very clever thinking to use the zigzag border stamp for your chevrons. I'm with you on using fabric scissors for paper, in fact I keep mine hidden away in a cupboard!
Visiting your blog today with my Butterfly Challenge GD hat on. Good luck in the challenge. xx

Aquarius said...

Certainly a good selection of chevrons here - great!