Saturday 13 October 2018

For an Instagram lover

Have you noticed how some young people are so obsessed with Instagram that their lives seem to revolve around hashtags and emojis? Well, if you have one of those people in your life, here is a very quick and easy card for them!


The # and @ symbols are die cut and the words are torn from a strip of "Love is all you need" washi tape. I added them to a circle in the middle of a square card to try to replicate the new, simplified Instagram logo but it looked rather unbalanced, with too much white space, so I changed it to an A6 (UK sizing) pink card base to match the washi tape. The heart pearl was originally going to be above and to the right of the circle, again to reflect the logo, but it looked rather unbalanced - I much prefer it where I eventually decided to put it.

Maybe I should offer my services to Instagram to help them to improve their logo?

I have made this as my entry to the current CASology challenge - Punctuation.

4 comments:

karen h said...

Awesome job with the challenge; so fun! Thanks for joining us at CASology!

Joyce said...

This is so sweet and to the point. Love it. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

Jacquie Southas said...

Perfect use of punctuation! Thanks for sharing with us at CASology this week!

Janet a.k.a. swanlady21 said...

Fun take on our cue word! Thanks for joining in the fun as CASology this week.