Friday 19 October 2018

Harvest Time

The current challenge at Twofers is Harvest and I've dug out a very, very old stamp for my twosome.


It came from a firm called Dimension 4th, who had a monthly stamp-and-project club about 15-20 years ago, and this was part of one of the monthly stamp sets. I've hardly ever used it - the project sheet suggested heat embossing in gold then filling in the wheat seeds with glue and ultra fine copper glitter (glittering mandala designs was popular at the time) but, well, once you'd done it you'd done it, so the stamp got relegated to the "might use again some time" tin. I'm very glad this challenge reminded me about it!


And now for a closer look at the individual card. First the very CAS get well card.


Now the sun is lower in the sky, I'm really struggling with the white balance in my photos, so you are going to have to take my word that the card is white! I stamped the image with brown ink and used a waterbrush with green and orange inkpads to paint in the coloured areas, then die cut it and used very thin (1mm) foam pads to very slightly raise the image from the card surface, on which the sentiment is stamped in brown.

I am sharing this with CAS Watercolour - orange, green and brown 


And now for a complete change, a very different card made with the same stamp. For this I started off by making a masterboard using an A4 sheet of card.


I smooshed with orange and yellow inks then spritzed with gold and copper mica powders in water spray bottles. When it was completely dry, I used a caramel-brown ink to stamp the image all over.

Then I stamped the image on white card and heat embossed it in gold, and used that as a topper for my easel card.




And I'm not planning to waste the leftover scraps of my masterboard - look out for a snippets make coming soon!

I am sharing this with Cardz 4 Galz - fancy folds

Our blog badge 

9 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

Two lovely, lovely cards Jane...LOVE the image you used and so glad you brought it out to use again! Thanks so much for sharing these beauties with us at CAS Watercolour!! :0)

Margarets designer cards said...

Two lovely cards, I like the CAS card simple and plain but very effective
Your other card has colour and the stamp in gold really stands out.
It’s amazing how much stuff we keep on the grounds we might use again. In this case it was worth keeping

crafty-stamper said...

Two fabulous card love the stamp and all the embossing -great as a background too-TBH I have a few once you've done it then relegated stamps!
Carol x

Darnell said...

I'm so glad this stamp saw the light of day again, Jane! You've made two utterly gorgeous cards with it! I love the CASlicious simplicity of your get well card and the pretty autumn colors you used! And then, wowza, you really blew my socks off with your easel birthday card! I swear you have captured the sun behind that standing bit! The whole thing just glows and the schparkle is divine!! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #10! Hugs, Darnell

Janis Lewis said...

Beautiful card and fun fold! Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz.

Loll said...

Great designs Jane! Such a pretty image and it looks awesome in your first card ... lovely CAS design that shows off the gorgeous combination of colours you've used. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour! And your second card is bright and beautiful. So clever to make up a large board using the image as your background with bright colours. And then adding the heat embossed topper. Fantastic card design! Thanks for playing along with us at Twofer Card Challenge!

Susanne Vargas said...

So glad you remembered this stamp which is perfect for this months prompt! Your CAS card is beautiful but your easel card with the background using the same stamp is a real eye catcher! Your masterboard is gorgeous and of course you have to use every last snippet of it! Can't wait to see what else you are going to do with it!
Wonderful to see you in the Twofer gallery!

Liz said...

Two fabulous cards for the Twofer Challenge, Jane. I love your CAS card, but the easel card is simply stunning! What a great stamp, deserves to be used again. xx

Janis Lewis said...

Beautiful card. Love the gold. Thanks for sharing with us at Cardz 4 Galz.