Monday 8 October 2018

The Great British Bake Off #GBBO

I bet you are expecting a recipe now, aren't you? Well, sorry but this isn't cake - it's a card with cake on it!


I watch very little TV but one show I never miss is Great British Bake Off. I love the baking, the artistry, the humour, the innuendo, the increasingly weird and wonderful showstoppers and of course Noel Fielding's shirts.

This young lady is carrying her showstopper up to the judging table! The image and sentiment are stamped with a very old magazine freebie set. I think it will be the final outing for these stamps as they are doing that "cheap clear stamp" thing of sort-of-melting in random places and I couldn't have got clear images of either if it hadn't been for the magic of the Misti. I coloured her in with Promarkers in summery fruit colours.

I used a Uniko stencil and distress inks to add a background panel which is a tribute to Noel's shirts!

I am sharing this with
Addicted to Stamps and More - Make Your Mark
Sweet Stampin - Use a stencil
AAA Cards - inspired by a TV show
  

8 comments:

Mrs A. said...

Wel how you made the card is a recipe in a way. The cake looks fab. So annoying when the stamps fall apart. Have you tried stamping it all out on copier paper and keeping the sheet. Then when you want to use try photo copying onto good quality paper. Makes it into a digi and as you say the stamp was a freebie to Use. Hugs Mrs

Dawn Phillips said...

Love the sentiment but you need to add 'best friends share'! Love Dawn x

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful CAS card love the spotty panel
Carol x

Liz said...

Brilliant CAS card, Jane and a super idea for the Inspired by a TV Show theme. I'm rooting for the contestant from my home city on GBBO. :-) xx

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

Such a cutie! Love those cheerful colors. Thank you for sharing your card with ATSM!

Ksenija @Sweet Kobylkin said...

Jane, I really enjoy your card's design - bright polka dot within a frame and a popped up lady. I am also not keen on TV, but your description of this show hooked me. I will try to find some episodes online, as I am not in GB. Thank you so much for sharing your sweet card with us at AAA Cards Challenge. - Sweet Kobylkin

Sammy said...

Such a very lovely card. I feel your pain with magazine freebie stamps. They're so rubbish and hard to get a decent impression with. Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week. Sammy-x

ÅsaJ said...

Such a sweet card! Perfect for that tv-show! Thanks for joining AAA Cards! Hugs Åsa