Friday 12 October 2018

Golden wishes

I'm suffering from a case of lost mojo at the moment, which is why I've not posted for a few days. I have made a card, although I'm not over-thrilled with it.


To make this card, I used stamps from the Uniko Organic Wishes set and a sentiment from an out-of-production Clearly Besotted set. The stalks are stamped with Memento ink, stamping each first with black then with green, and the seed heads use gold Delicata ink. I don't think the photo does justice to the metallic sheen of the stamping, so here is a close up

I masked off the sentiment and then used a brush to add several shades of green to the lower part of the card. Finally I used a gold gel pen to highlight the edges of the area around the sentiment, and OMG it has gone sooooooo wonky, I wish I'd not bothered!

Anyway, I made this for CAS Mix-up where the challenge is Metal, and I've used stamping, masking and brushing with inks.

5 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Now why is it, us crafters are our own worst critics? Your card is perfectly CAS and so very pretty. I really didn't notice the wonky sentiment and honestly thought it looked like it was blowing in the wind, like the seed heads.....which I loved. Love the metal look from the flowers and seed heads and love how you've stamped the stems in the different colour. Thank you so much for adding your wonderful CAS card to The CAS Mix Up Metal Challenge x So glad you bothered Jane, your card is so very pretty x.

Craftychris said...

Ooh you are too hard on yourself! This is gorgeous - delightfully delicate and wonderfully CAS. I hadn't thought of the sentiment as wonky - it's quirky and perfect! xxx

Loll said...

This is very creative Jane. You are too hard on yourself. I love the whimsical look of the flower heads and looks pwerfect with the dotty border you've created around the sentiment! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

Julia Aston said...

A lovely one layer CAS design with your golden flowers Jane! Thanks for joining us in the CAS Mix Up! xx

Pat said...

Those gold seed heads are so pretty Jane and love the green you have brushed on to the bottom of the card, and an inspired idea to add the dots to edge the sentiment box, and the fact that they aren't perfectly straight makes it look more natural and adds to the charm of the piece I think. x