Wednesday 17 October 2018

Stencils or masks at Back to Basics

It's time for our latest challenge at Back to Basics and this time we would like you to use stencils and/or masks on your work.

I've had a go at a mixed media style, something a long way out of my comfort zone!


I used some newsprint-style paper for the background, covered it thinly with gesso then added some torn up strips from a crossword. Then I used Moss Green distress ink to stencil some of the patterns from one of the beautiful new Imagination Crafts A4 stencils over the background, concentrating mostly on the broken squares design to link to the crossword pieces on the background.

I used Alchemy Waxes to lightly stencil the butterfly from the A4 sheet where I wanted to position it on the card, then stencilled it more boldly onto cream card, fussy cut and shaped it and added it with3D adhesive. The words I have finished it with are from a very, very old sheet of peel-offs.

I am sharing this with
A Bit More Time to Craft - Anything Goes 
Butterfly Challenge - spin the wheel - I've just used Burnt orange
More Mixed Media - Anything goes/orange

3 comments:

meg said...

Brilliant background and loads of stencilling Jane

Mrs A. said...

Your forage into mixed media has worked perfectly on this card. The colours work really well together. Thankyou for coming and spinning the butterfly wheel with me this week. Please note that if you are tracking your card by your entry number that you will have moved +1 as I had to insert a card that hadn't loaded up properly before your entry. Hugs Mrs A.

Dawn Phillips said...

Fabulous use of lots of stencils. Love Dawn x