Sunday 14 October 2018

Off the cutting room floor at CD Sundays.

One of the problems with crafting using CDs is that, unless you are very clever at moving everything into an editing program and only using exactly what you want, you can end up with a stack of leftover bits and bobs that are "Too good to throw away". Which is why we've decided that the new challenge at CD Sundays should be "Off the cutting room floor", using up odds and ends from other projects you have made.

I went through my bits box and found enough odds and ends to fill a foolscap wallet, all of them from CDs, and picked out this selection to work with:


The images and part-used image sheets are all from the Polkadoodles CD "Winnie in Wonderland" and the two backgrounds are from La Pashe CDs, but it's so long since I printed them I can't recall which.

A bit of fussy cutting and edge-distressing later, I'd turned them into this


And now I feel as if I've got a "free" card as it's entirely made from bits that could have been thrown away.

8 comments:

Dawn Phillips said...

Fabulous card Jane. Can't believe it's made up from spares. Love Dawn x

Mrs A. said...

You've come up trumps here with this odds and ends card. Super Alice theme. Hugs Mrs A.

meg said...

great use of all the left over bits Jane, I struggled with this as I only print what I need,

Margarets designer cards said...

Fabulous card and the use of using up bits and pieces, I am guilty of lots of left over bits that get put in a box.

Pamela said...

An amazing design Jane - well done on using up all those things!
Pamela
CD Sunday DT

Seafield Jo said...

Hi Jane, this is a great card, it looks like a lot of work has gone into it. I have a folder full of printed 'leftovers' so will be having a look through there for this challenge.

Jo x

Jocelyn said...

A fabulous card. I love the toadstool backing paper. I really enjoyed doing my DT card as it feels so good to use up some of the papers I have instead of printing even more. What I am going to try and make myself do is organise things a bit better and keep a note of which CDs the images and papers have come from. Time will tell if I actually manage this lol!
Jocelyn x

Carol said...

A wonderful selection of 'bits and bobs' (as a friend of mine in Northumberland ) calls them. It looks as though you enjoyed using the bits. I know I did mine.
Carol
xx