Thursday 18 October 2018

Guest Designer at Swedish House Crafts

I'm absolutely delighted to have been invited to be today's Guest Designer at Swedish House Crafts Blog,  and I decided to go for something much more Clean And Simple  than the wonderful things that many of the regular designers create, to showcase what versatile products they sell.


My card is entirely made with Gummiapan dies - many of my all-time favourite dies are Gummiapan ones, including these gorgeous dragonflies which I'm sure you've seen featured on here dozens of times.

For the allium flowers, I took an A5 piece of watercolour paper, wet the top third and sprinkled purple brushos over it, dried it thoroughly, then wet the rest of the sheet and sprinkled with several shades of green brushos and dried it again. I let it dry under weights overnight  to make sure it was flat, then backed it with double sided adhesive sheet and used the dandelion heart die to cut four flowers, positioning the die so the flower heads were in the purple area.

The "land and sky" background is a stitched rectangle of green on top of a square of blue.

1 comment:

Linby said...

It's a beautiful make Jane - thanks so much for being a GDT at SHC.