Sunday 21 October 2018

Sunflowers

My older daughter loves sunflowers and every year I try to make her a different sunflower themed birthday card, which inevitably means I end up with a lot of sunflower themed stash that doesn't get used much for the rest of the year. This stamp is one I bought to make her card about 10 years ago, a lovely Linda Luckin stamp, that I've hardly used since.


For this card I have stamped it three times, coloured it with Promarkers and then fussy-cut it, removing the stem from one so I could use the head and leaf independently. The background card has a lightly printed script look, and I have slightly distressed the edges, then added some mesh strip and a sunflower-patterned ribbon. I'd been worried that the script on the background might mean a stamped sentiment wouldn't show up, but I was pleased with the way it turned out. If it hadn't worked, I'd have stamped it again on cream card and added it over the existing one!

I am sharing this with
Fab'nFunky - Embellished with ribbons or lace 
House of Cards - Autumn Flowers and/or Colours

Country View Challenge - Plant-tastic

9 comments:

Mrs A. said...

This is lovely. The sunflowers make for a fabulous Autumn style card. I was amazed yesterday when walking back from the village to see a pretty yellow butterfly flluttering along the hedgerow. Glorious weather today and sitting in the garden now having a cup of coffee before tackling some more garden tidying up. A large tad has just plopped into the pond in front of me too!! Hugs Mrs A.

Margarets designer cards said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Margarets designer cards said...

Beautiful card, lovely sunflowers, I hope she enjoyed your birthday

Sue Boniwell said...

Very beautiful and a breath of summer. Lovely colours.X

Dawn Phillips said...

It's lovely Jane, You need to get that stamp out more often. Love Dawn x

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card love the sunflower stamp and great texture--we buy these "need" stamps then hardly use them such a shame --I have quite a few!!!
Carol x

Sue said...

This is a real beauty, such a happy card that I'm sure your daughter will love. Mine like Me To You Bears, so I have stash that comes out on birthdays and Christmas too. Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge at Country View Crafts, and have a very happy week, Sue xx

Judith said...

So pretty Jane - got to love a sunflower! thank you so much for playing along again this week at Fab'n'Funky hugs judith x

Evelyn Walter said...

Beautiful card, your daughter will love it! It´s a lovely idea to use different sunflower stamps every year.
Thank you for playing with us this month at Country View Challenges!
Have a good day!
Evelyn