Sunday 28 July 2019

A stash surprise

I had quite a surprise the other day - I was rummaging through a box of stash and found a plastic wallet filled with an embellishment assortment that I'd never even opened and totally forgotten I had. It must be 4 or 5 years old and hadn't seen the light of day.

Inside there was a wealth of pre-cut bird, flower and butterfly shapes, tags and banners, a card of ribbons and a bag of gems, pearls and sequins. I had to start playing straight away! Here is my first make from the kit.


I chose a paper from the Dovecraft "Couture du Jour" pad to complement the dressmakers dummy from the kit. The tag, large flower and butterfly arrowhead banner are also from the kit. The bow and buttons are from my stash and the birdcage, chosen to match the birdcages on the background paper, almost all of which ended up being covered up, is part of a wedding favour. It's a set I bought from Hobbycraft years and years ago - pre-cut strips of 4 birdcages intended to be folded and  tucked together to create boxes for sugared almonds. Each strip cuts into 4 pretty birdcages.

I added to the "dressmaking" theme with doodled faux stitching around the edges.

I am sharing this with
Allsorts Challenge - Buttons and Bows 
Alphabet Challenge - I is for Insect 

4 comments:

brenda said...

A lovely collage of colour and interest Jane. Many thanks for joining our 'Buttons and Bows' theme at Allsorts challenge. B x

Wendy L said...

Your card is so beautiful and perfect for our challenge at Allsorts , xxxxxxx

Dawn Phillips said...

Really pretty card Jane. It's always a bonus finding something you forgot you had. Thanks for joining us at The Alphabet Challenge. Love Dawn x

Mummylade said...

Wonderful colours! Thank you for entering our challenge at Allsorts this week.