Monday 22 July 2019

Rose easel

I've had this set of stamps from Oak House studio for a couple of years now and this is the first time I've even cut into the stamp sheet, in order to use this large rose stamp and matching border and sentiment.




I used a stitched square die to cut the background papers using sheets from a very old magazine freebie set. Then I went around the "stitching" with a very fine black liner to make it look more realistic. I used the same effect on the oval die cut I used for the rose, cutting around the large leaf  and slipping it to the back of the die before cutting so that it appears to overlap the edge.

I am sharing this with

Fab 'n' Funky - add pearls/gems 
Little Red Wagon - Sew/stitch it 
Just us Girls -  pink, dark pink, green 

5 comments:

Nancy said...

This rose stamp is beautiful!!! Love your easel card Jane!! Love the additional pearl accents too! So happy to have this beautiful card in our gallery this week at Just Us Girls!

Imke said...

Great take with our "Stitching" Challenge this week @ Little Red Wagon,Jane. Lovely Easel card and i like that you marked the stitching - looks fabulous. Thanks for joining us and i hope to see you back again soon.

Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE

Dawn Phillips said...

This is stunning Jane. Love Dawn x

Wendy said...

Beautiful card....Thanks for playing along with us at Fab'n'Funky challenges :)
Wendy xx

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Beautiful! I love how you added the "stitching", it really does look authentic. Beautiful use of the colors. Thanks for playing along with us at JUGS!