Wednesday 31 July 2019

O Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree

Not one tree card but two!




The stamps I used for the first card are all from a set that came with a  magazine last year. Yet again, I've used Versamark ink on kraft - are you tired of seeing it yet? I'm not! - and the tree is heat embossed with white opaque detail powder. 


For my second card I used Distress Oxides to smoosh a background then stamped the tree all over, highlighting the central image with some glitter and a tiny hint of a silver sparkle pen. The ribbon, too, has a hint of silver sparkle although it doesn't really show up in the photo. I can't recall where the sentiment stamp came from, I think it was a gift from a friend.

I am sharing the first card with Jingle Belles - Rustic Glam - the inspiration I have used from the photo is the white decorated tree,  the stockings and the neutral colour scheme.



I am sharing the second card with
52 Christmas Card Throwdown -  Ribbon 
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge - anything goes/use ribbon or twine

and finally I am sharing the whole shebang with Christmas Kickstart - Christmas Card/Christmas Card/Christmas Tree 


8 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Thanks for sharing the 'whole shebang' over at The Christmas Kickstart Challenge, Jane! Love both cards, but the white on kraft and the Versamark, is fabulous. Hugs, Jo x

Sherri Thacker said...

Both are so pretty!!

Crafting Queen said...

Two lovely cards!

lauren bergold said...

i love both of these, actually. but of course i'm bound to say the neutral one with the white tree and the stockings is my fave, right?! ;) so pleased you could join our inspiration photo fun at JINGLE BELLES!

SmilynStef said...

love the embossing on kraft ... so glad you shared your inspired design with us at Jingle Belles.

cass said...

Wonderful Christmas cards. Thanks for joining us at the CHNC Christmas Weekly this week for our Anything Goes, optional "Use some twine or ribbon" Challenge.

TracyB said...

What a wonderful Card. I love your embossing and your use of ribbon on both of them. Thanks for playing along with us at 52CCT.

Darnell said...

Two very lovely and different Christmas tree designs for the Kickstart/Twofer challenge, Jane! Thanks for playing! I love the way you used your Versamark pad for your background (one of the first things I learned about in a SU workshop and it never gets old!) on your white-on-kraft tag design punctuated with the white enamel bling! And your smooched background in non-trad color is stunning as a backdrop for your forest of Christmas trees. Adorning only one draws the eye straight to it!! Hugs, Darnell