Sunday 14 July 2019

Every little helps...

I think most of my UK based friends will recognise immediately what the inspiration for this card is - if not, the title of the post is another big clue!


It came about when I saw a joke on Facebook that was a parody of the Tesco Value logo - something at the back of my mind made me think "Actually that might be a fun layout for a card". And once I'd had the idea, I just had to see if it worked.

I think Tesco has changed the value range now to a rather dull brown-and-beige design but this is still the one we all recognise.

I used Promarkers to rule the background stripes and to underline the stamped red "Hello". The leaf border on the red layer is stamped with Versamark and embossed with white opaque detail powder simply because after many years of searching I've still yet to find a white inkpad  that gives a clear, consistent result. Recommendations would be very gratefully received! All the stamps were from the set that came with the current issue of Creative Stamping.

Making this card really made me laugh!

I am sharing this with

Creative with Stamps - Stripes 


Just Us Girls - sentiment as focal point 


Watercooler Wednesday - all about occasions 

6 comments:

Margarets designer cards said...

Very clever use of the logo, making a great sentiment for the card

Karen Brown said...

Very creative card! Thanks for joining us this week at Watercooler Wednesday. - Karen, DT.

Maria said...

Cool card. I like the blue stripes. Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls this week.

Dawn Phillips said...

I think it's a fantastic fun card. Love Dawn x

Billie A said...

I love your card. Great way to use stripes and love the CAS look and colors. Thanks for sharing over at Creative with Stamps.
Billie A
Creative With Stamps
Catch The Bug
Aud Sentiments
Always Fun Challenges
Colour Crazy Challenge
Creations In Pink
Do-Al(l)Kreatives
Crafty Gals Corner
Crafty Catz

APeeling Crafts said...

LOVE the simplicity of this card. Great subtle stripes for our theme. Thanks for playing along with us at Creative with Stamps. Pam DT