Thursday 25 July 2019

Row of flowers

It's hard to believe now that this stencil, which I got at a craft workshop three years ago (just checking my diary, it was actually three years ago yesterday) was the first one I ever owned - I have *ahem* a few now!


The stencil has a sky full of butterflies too, but I masked those off and then used Starlight Metallic Paints which have a beautiful pearlescent sheen to colour the sections of the stencil, again using masking to keep the colours separate. The photo doesn't really do justice to the paint finish, it's not really something a camera can pick up well.

To keep plenty of white space I added the sentiment over the flower stems by stamping and heat embossing it onto vellum. The ends are tucked under the top layer but I also added a tiny patch of adhesive dots underneath the writing where they don't show.

I am sharing this with

CASology - Shimmer 

CAS on Friday - use a stencil 

10 comments:

Marina said...

What a lovely fresh design.

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A beautiful card Jane and we certainly have the sunshine at the moment.

Sue xx

Crafting Queen said...

Lovely card.

Sherri Thacker said...

Love the vellum you added to these flowers. I never think to use vellum on my cards and I always love it!

Mrs A. said...

Don’t have a lot of stencils but must hold my hand up to owning an extensive range of those starlight paints. Untouched
I might add. How bad is that. Naughty step here
I come!! I like the way you have used the sentiment onto the vellum. Just checked and
I only have vellum for some reason in pink and and green. Must rectify that ASAP. Hugs Mrs
A.

karen h said...

Beautiful! Thanks for joining us at CASology!

Dawn Phillips said...

This is gorgeous. I never use stencils like this. I need to get some I think. Mine are all backgrounds. Love Dawn x

Zw@@n said...

Gorgeous flowers and beautiful colours. Thank you for joining us at CAS on Friday. Luv, Wilma

Nancy said...

So pretty... with just the right amount of sparkle. Thanks for playing along with us at CASology!

Jacquie Southas said...

Lovely, clean and fresh design! Thanks for sharing with us at CASology!