Sunday 7 July 2019

Splash bouquet

I suppose I really ought to have called this "Happy Birthday Darnell" again, because CAS Watercolour has dedicated this month's challenge to her. And since she is such an awesome lady, I chose a stamp and sentiment from the set that came in the current issue of Creative Stamping magazine.


I used Brushos to create the background - whoop! after several years of trying, I'm finally beginning to get some control over them and persuade them to do approximately what I want them to. And of course the beauty of them is that they will never  behave precisely so the result is different every time.

I coloured the bouquet with watercolour pencils and my finest water brush,  cut it out and attached it with 3d adhesive.

I am sharing this with

CAS Watercolour - Bouquet of Flowers


Watercooler Wednesday - Feminine anything goes  

10 comments:

Margarets designer cards said...

Lovely CAS, love the bouquet and great simple background

crafty-stamper said...

Great Brusho background and love the little bouquet
carol x

Marsha Reed said...

Lovely card, Jane! Love that bright splash of color behind the bouquet. Thanks for sharing at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge. Marsha DT

Sherri Thacker said...

I love the splash behind your flower bouquet! So pretty!!

Bonnie said...

This little bouquet is so pretty on the awesome splashed background, Jane! A perfect sentiment for our friend! Thanks so much for helping us celebrate Darnell's birthday at CAS Watercolour!

Darnell said...

Aw, gee, Jane, you've made me blush! Thank you! I think you're pretty awesome, too! And thank you for joining my birthday tribute at CASWC with this pretty bouquet backed by a splash of green Brushos! Well done with that splat!! Hugs, Darnell

Helen said...

I love the great background pop of colour behind your pretty little bouquet, Jane! It really gives it life. Thanks so much for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week!

Susan said...

What a perfect CAS bouquet of flowers - love the small size of it (your fussy cutting is amazing on something so small!), the way you've set it over the splash of green, and the beautiful watercolouring. Thanks so much for making a card for the CAS Watercolour challenge I'm hosting!

Loll said...

Fantastic splash background Jane!! LOVE the bright green ... a perfect compliment to your sweet bouquet of flowers. And that sentiment is AWESOME! :) Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!

Dawn Phillips said...

I think this is so awesome. Love dawn x