Saturday 16 May 2020

A nice cup of tea

Those who know me well know that I have three favourite liquids - tea, water and wine, and this card is a tribute to the first of those.


To make it, I printed a template on one side of a piece of card and printed a patterned paper from the Creative Crafting World CD "Mix & Match Papercrafting Collection" on the other side. I cut everything out and edged all the pices with blue ink, then added the front of the cup using 3D adhesive, thinly around the edges and very thickly in the middle to give a bit of curvature.

I stamped the sentiment on the "teabag" then folded that and the tag in half and sandwiched twine between the halves.  The teabag is inserted into a slot in the card front. It could be made removable  but once I had it positioned how I wanted, I stuck it in place on the inside.

I finished it off with die cut flowers and leaves to match the printed design, with pearls for centres.

I am sharing this with

CD Sunday Plus - anything goes using something from a CD, USB or digi  (I've mentioned the CD  above - the template was a download too but so long ago I can't remember the source)

Little Red Wagon - Shape Up! 

Country View Crafts - Tea Party   (OK, it's a tea party for one - perfect for these times of Social Isolation)

Craft Rocket - Shaped Card 



11 comments:

Wynn said...

Great shape Jane and really pretty paper for the teacup. Love a cupaa......so comforting. Hope you are well and thank you for joining us at CDSunday Plus Wynn DT

Crafting Queen said...

Really great cardm love the shape.

Swissie said...

Great card, Jane! Just wonderful. Beautiful paper, and such a lovely tea bag!
Hugs,
Liv

Pamela said...

Really pretty card Jane. My cuppa is very weak decafe tea with no milk or sugar - everyone tells me it looks like hot water LOL!
Pamela
CD Sunday Plus DT.

Mrs A. said...

My three tipples too but not necessarily in the same order! I tried a vegetable box from Rotaro and have been very pleased with the contents. Ordered more from M&S too which complimented what I hade from the other company. Been doing some more cooking and made sour soda bread and bubble and squeak patties. Never baked so much in my life. Hope your managing to get your food ok. hugs Mrs A.

Margarets designer cards said...

I love this card, I like shaped cards as you know and this is perfect with the backing papers and lovely flowers
Hope you are staying safe and well
Thank you for joining us
Margaret

Jocelyn said...

What a very pretty teacup. Nice to see something a bit different. Thank you for sharing with us.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday Plus DT

JanR said...

Such a great shape! The tag/teabag is really cool. Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

Carol said...

Even as a dedicated coffee drinker I can appreciate your very pretty cup and saucer. I think I have had 2 cups of tea since the beginning of the lockdown. Lovely card.
Thank you for joining us at CD Sunday Plus.
Carol xx
DT

rachel said...

such a pretty crd and perfect for the challenge. Thanks for joining us at Countryview Crafts and Good luck in the draw! Hugs Rachel xx

Liz said...

Congratulations on your win over in the Countryview Challenge with your beautiful card. xx