Saturday 16 May 2020

Sunflowers two ways

This month's Twofer challenge is Flowers - as usual, two different cards for two different occasions,  using the same stamp, stencil or die. I've chosen a sunflower stamp from a magazine covermount for my cards this time.



Naturally, I am sharing this at Twofer challenge - Flowers

 

Now for a closer look at each card.


I stamped  the flower and sentiment in Versafine ink and heat embossed with clear powder then coloured the sunflower with water based markers. For a touch of contrast I added some tiny stamped butterflies.

I am sharing this with
Addicted to CAS - Flower 


Addicted to Stamps and More - CAS 



For this card I used my Misti to position the sunflower stamp evenly  in the four quarters of the card and stamped in Memento ink then coloured with Promarkers. 

I am sharing this with

Watercooler Wednesday - All about occasions  

Sparkles Monthly Challenge - use a real stamp



10 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

Two lovely happy cards. Enjoy your weekend.

Marcia Hill said...

Two beautiful cards Jane!! I love the sentiment with your first card...sunflowers really are such a happy flower, so that sentiment is just perfect! And your birthday card with the 4 sunflowers is just as lovely! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Twofer Challenge!! :0)

Darnell said...

You really captured the sunshine and warmth sunflowers exude with your excellent coloring on both cards, Jane! And even your sediment shares my opinion on your first design! I love that you let your flower be the star of the show on your second design, not once, but four times! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #27! Take care and keep on staying safe. Hugs, Darnell

Karen Brown said...

I love your quartet of sunflowers! Such a sunny happy card. We are so pleased that you joined us at Watercooler Wednesday. Karen - DT

Created by Kath said...

Lovely cards! Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge! Kath- DT

Cat Craig said...

On this rainy day your sunflower cards are just perfect to brighten things up. both designs are sure to brightenthe day of their recipients. thanks for playing along at Twofer Card Challenge.

Rachelle Oltean said...

HI Jane! What a great sunflower image! I love your CAS designs - both of these cards are so effective! Thanks so much for joining us at the Sparkles Challenge!
Rachelle - DT ; )

Anna M. said...

Lovely and bright cards! Wonderful coloring as well

Thank you and we hope you will join us again in the next ATSM Challenge!.

Anna – Design Team member at Addicted to Stamps and More

Visit my blog - Crafty Anna Studio.
You can also find me on Instagram - CraftyAnna Studio
Thank you!

Bobby said...

Wonderful sunflower to go with the sunshine sentiment, Jane. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Addicted to CAS.

Vickie Y said...

Beautifully designed! Thank you for sharing with us at The Sparkles Monthly Challenge.