Monday 25 May 2020

Like an overloaded Christmas tree...

What is a Christmas tree if it isn't overloaded? And I've been rummaging around in my festive Box of Bits to produce a card that is a real homage to the overloaded tree.


I distressed the edges of a couple of papers and used them to cover a kraft card base. Then I went overboard - a die cut doiley,  several buttons, a tag topped with some bling, a strip of cork,  twine and pre-printed sentiments. For the topper, I used a very old embossing folder to dry emboss green card, swiped the upper surface with a clear pad, sprinkled gold powder on and heat embossed, then die cut an oval shape from it, then added a sentiment and bow.

Pretty OTT by my standards but a lot of fun to make - and it's made a smidgeon of space in the BOB.

I am sharing this with


52 Christmas Card Throwdown - Embossing 


Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge - Anything Goes 

Jingle Belles - Bling on the holidays 

Scrappy Mo's - May Rudolph Day  

Alphabet Challenge - Dry Embossing 

Sparkles Christmas - Add ribbon, lace or twine

17 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

Perfect Christmas card with lots of goodies.

Linby said...

Lots of great details on your card.

meg said...

thank you for joining in at the Alphabet Challenge with this beauty Jane love your elements and layout

A.Rose said...

Great embossing! Thanks for joining us at Christmas Card Throwdown!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful with all the wonderful layers and additions to the card design.

Jenny L said...

Hi Jane,
Happy Rudolf Days.
What a great card and a very unusaul design.
I am all for overload as you can tell from my cards I make.
Beautiful elements used.
Thank you for joining the Rudolf Challenge.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. DT

scrappymo! said...

I really like the wee Santa that sits out with pride of place! The gold doily is another fave. It is so crisp and pretty.
Great card and thanks for taking part in the May Rudolph Days Challenge.

Heather said...

Wow, Jane, what happy and festive chaos you've achieved! Let's get this party started! I totally get the feel for an overloaded tree, and surroundings, lol. Thanks so much for playing at Sparkles!

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Christmas was made for overload Jane, a fabulous card.

Sue xx

Rachelle Oltean said...

Hi Jane! I LOVE that layering on this card - no overload for me! It's just about right! Everywhere I look I see a new detail and Christmas-y surprise! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at the Alphabet Challenge "D" is for Dry Embossing!
Rachelle - DT : )

Tammy said...

What a gorgeous card Jane, I love all of the different elements and textures, very beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Sparkles Christmas.
Tammy x

Catie Cuddles said...

Love your OTT card. Looks fab.
Thanks for joining us at Craftyhazelnuts Christmas challenge blog.
Happy crafting!
Catherine x DT

Goga said...

Beautiful card. Thank you for joinig us at 52CCT. Goga

Dawn Phillips said...

Love how you've sparkled up your embossed topper. I had to laugh at the idea of the overloaded tree. Is there anything left in your bits box, lol. Thanks for joining us at The Alphabet Challenge. Love Dawn x

Cazro said...

I have laughed at your overloaded Christmas card, so original and such great fun. Missing you, hoping you are relaxing and well. Thanks for joining us at Sparkles Christmas Challenges. Caz. DT.

lauren bergold said...

oh my gosh! this is every xmas tree of my childhood! i love it! thanks for bringing the bling with us at JINGLE BELLES! ♥♥♥

SmilynStef said...

That is a Box-o-Bits Extravaganza ... so glad you got BLING-y With Us at Jingle Belles.