Monday 11 May 2020

Jacobean style

Years and years ago I got a couple of sheets of rubber stamps from a company called Graphicus - they closed a long long time ago, probably around 15-20 years. And part of one of the sheets still looked like this:


So I thought it was about time I put that right!


After cutting  out the stamp I used a Kaleidacolor pad to ink and stamp it. It needed multiple impressions to get a good colour, so I used a stamping platform which meant brayering the ink onto the stamp because the sticky outy thing for separating the pads is too sticky outy for inking it directly when it's on the platform. A brayer gives a nice soft blend to the colours though for a really good ombré effect. 

For extra interest I added a garnish of crystal Stickles and gold Liquid Pearls. My original plan had been to stamp a large bold sentiment over the design in black ink, but having scuppered that one with my garnishing, I decided to add a small one heat embossed in white on black. I think it was the right move. 

Here's a closer look at the sparkle and dimension: 


Isn't that image gorgeous? All these years without ever seeing a drop of ink and now I'm asking myself WHY????? Incidentally, I've just remembered that a lot of Graphicus designs were taken over by Chocolate Baroque so I just checked their site and this set is still available, it is called Brocade Backgrounds. It reminds me a lot of the Jacobean Work embroidery my grandma used to love doing.

I am sharing this with

NBUS - Challenge 14 

Cardz 4 Galz - Birthday 

Allsorts challenge - Anything  Goes 

11 comments:

Lyn said...

This card is beautiful I adore the gradient change in colour

Crafting Queen said...

Wonderful card you created. I can tell you had fun making this one. x

Dotty Jo said...

Love this, Jane! Always a fan of green, Jo x

crafty-stamper said...

WOW this is gorgeous love the different shades and sparkle,this image is beautiful and bet you use it more now-and can't believe the 15-20 years I have a stamp from Graphicus too-love the white embossed sentiment on black-it was the right move
carol x

Dawn Phillips said...

I love the ombre effect of the ink. This is so pretty. If I were you I'd make more while you've got the stamp out. I think I've got some of their stamps somewhere (I've got some Chocolate Baroque one's too). I'm off for a stamp hunt. Love Dawn x

brenda said...

They are still going Jane and still with many of the same images!

Graphicus was Glenda's 'baby', they changed their name to Elusive Images and now they are Chocolate Baroque!! I still blame Glenda for my inky obsession as she was one of the very first true stampers on C&C.

It's a really lovely blend of blue and green tones and the little hints of glitter really lift it. Thanks so much for sharing and joining in with our current theme at Allsorts challenge.

B x

Darnell said...

I think you get the prize for oldest NBUS ever used, Jane! I'm so proud of you for excavating this from your NBUS Mt. and making it sing with your inking and embellishing! I love the colors and the way you did the sediment. The schparkle must be eye-poppingly incredible in real life!! Take care and keep safe. Thank you for sharing at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Wendy L said...

Love it,love the colours, thank you for joining us at Allsorts, xxx

Deborah Frings said...

Wow! This is absolutely gorgeous. I love all shades of green, so this card sang to me. I do like the touch of sparkle too. Thanks for playing along with Cardz 4 Galz this week. Deborah, DT.

BTW - thanks for the tip about using a brayer with Kaleidacolor pads - I always fight with that tab !! x

sue t. said...

This is a beautiful CAS card in the most beautiful color in the world. Glad you pulled out some very old stamps and allowed them into the ink pool and to get wet!! Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz!!

Helen said...

Beautiful, Jane - very elegant. Thanks for sharing it with us at the Cardz 4 Galz Challenge.

Helen x

PS I remember Graphicus stamps too - I still have some of them!