Monday 18 May 2020

Green thank you


Here's another card to add to my stash of "post-lockdown-thanks" cards I'm going to need!  The floral frame stamp is from Katzelkraft - they don't just make quirky animal stamps! I used Crushed Olive distress ink to stamp it onto heavy duty watercolour paper - this needed a LOT of impressions so it wouldn't work without a platform -  then stamped the sentiment inside the frame, this time using Versafine ink because I didn't want the ink on the sentiment to run.

Next I coloured in the stalks, leaves and flower centres by drawing out the ink from the stamping using a fine water brush. I made the beads stand out by adding a touch of watercolour pencil in a darker green before wetting them.  To highlight the sentiment, I painted on more of the Crushed Olive  by using the water brush to pick up ink directly from the pad.

When it was all dry I fussy cut around the frame and added it to a cream card edged with the green ink.

I am sharing this with

Sweet Stampin - Thank You 

The Flower Challenge - Monochrome 






4 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

Jane, this is gorgeous! I would not have thought of using that color for something so spectacular, so thanks for mentioning Crushed Olive. I also like the way you've repeat-stamped parts of the image to achieve a darker hue. GORGEOUSNESS! hugs, de

Hazel (Didos) said...

This is super, what a great card, Hazel

Chris said...

Fabulous stamp and stamping to create this beautiful card, lovely colours too! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week.
Chris
x

TaeEun said...

What a lovely thanks card, Jane ! Love that some petals are peeking out of the fussy cut border! Thank you so much for joining us at The Flower Challenge!